Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Leadership Lessons from Yoga

Breathe, Stretch Yourself, Focus


I'm just over 3 months into my practice of Bikram Yoga. It's still practice; some days are easier than others. Some days I can do what I have not done before. Other days I feel less strong. But every day I challenge myself to stretch a bit deeper, or to hold a pose a bit longer.

The benefits are physical of course--aerobic conditioning, strength, flexibility. Interestingly, one's mental self receives the same benefits--conditioning, strength, flexibility. And more: focus, stamina, resilience.

Many of the attributes of good yoga practice are also good leadership practice. It has other benefits too.

More on this as I practice more, both in, and outside, the studio.

Join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment